- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 cups raisins
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the sugars, flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt. Add the apples, cranberries and raisins; toss to coat. Pour into crust. Drizzle with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Raisin Pie in Country Extra November 2005, p49
Reviews for Cran-Apple Raisin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review