- crumbly. Gradually add cold water; tossing with a fork until dough
- forms a ball. Divide dough in half. Roll out one portion to fit a
- 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1 in. beyond
- edge of plate.
- Pour fruit filling into crust. Divide the remaining dough in half.
- Roll out one portion; cut into six 1/2-in.-wide strips. Place three
- strips over filling in each direction, forming a lattice crust; trim
- edges of strips.
- For decorative cutouts, roll out remaining dough and cut out with a
- 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutter. With a sharp knife, lightly
- score cutouts to resemble veins on leaves. Lightly brush lattice and
- edge of crust with egg.
- Overlap cutouts on the lattice and along edge of pie. Brush cutouts
- with egg; sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Cover edges loosely with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 400° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or
- until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without additional sugar) equals 505 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.