- 3/4 cup reduced-fat butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, cranberries, apple and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forCran-Apple Oatmeal Cookies
"Very yummy! I used raisins instead of the dried cranberries and regular butter and everyone loved them!"
"Mine tasted a little like the apple cinnamon instant oatmeal. I really enjoyed them. :)"
"These were amazing! I used regular butter, added some raisins and mini chocolate chips. Very chewy, too."
"Great recipe, I of course had to omit the nuts and add chocolate chips .... but that's just me ...."
"Good cookie, my husband really enjoyed them."
"I just made these and they turned out great I used a med-melon scoop and it made at least 10 more than it said I also used raises instead of cranberry's. My family loved them!!! I plan on giving these out for Christmas."
"My family loves oatmeal cookies & I wanted a cookie to serve to B&B guests with hot apple cider when they arrived on a cool autumn day, so I tried this one. It is one of the best cookies recipes I have every tried! Our guests said that they were the best oatmeal cookies they had ever had & asked for the recipe! I especialy like the apples & cranberries together. I didn't have any reduced fat butter, so I used about 1/2 reg butter (all I had) & the rest non hydrogenated soft margerine.Because my husband watches his cholesterol, I used 1/4c egg subtitute instead of the egg & skim milk. I also cooked them in a convection oven at 350 for 12min & they turned out great! It made 51 cookies."
"liked recipe changed it a bit i subbed apple sauce for 1/2 c of apple sauce, added flax seed in place of some of the white flour and replaced half the white flour with whole wheat and added lots of blueberries and cranberries and walnuts"