The original recipe for these delightful cookies called for raisins. Since we aren’t raisin fans, I added dried cranberries instead. The results? Incredible! –Theresa Smith of Rome, Georgia
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, cranberries, apple and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Oatmeal Cookies in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p11
Reviews for Cran-Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review