- 3/4 cup reduced-fat butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, cranberries, apple and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cran-Apple Oatmeal Cookies
"Very yummy! I used raisins instead of the dried cranberries and regular butter and everyone loved them!"
"Mine tasted a little like the apple cinnamon instant oatmeal. I really enjoyed them. :)"
"I used regular butter and old fashioned oats instead of quick oats. I like old fashioned better for baking. I also added chocolate chips. Very nice taste - turned out chewy, just the way I like them. A great fall recipe!"
"These were amazing! I used regular butter, added some raisins and mini chocolate chips. Very chewy, too."
"Great recipe, I of course had to omit the nuts and add chocolate chips .... but that's just me ...."