- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup shredded peeled tart apple
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce and orange peel; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Beat the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apple.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Make a well in the center of each muffin; fill with about 2 teaspoons of reserved cranberry mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and orange juice; drizzle over warm muffins. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Muffins in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p18
Reviews for Cran-Apple Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review