Cran-Apple Ham Slice Recipe
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash ground allspice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 small apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham steak (1 pound)
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and allspice. Stir in cranberry juice until smooth. Add apple and cranberries. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until thickened, stirring every minute. Keep warm.
- 2. Place ham slice in a shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with fruit mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 238 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 1451mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Cran-Apple Ham Slice
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.