Cran-Apple Crisp Recipe
Cranberries, walnuts, brown sugar and orange peel help give this apple-packed crowd-pleaser its rich flavor. After the first taste, guests will be asking for the recipe...and a second helping. —Diane Everett of Newtown, Connecticut
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 large)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; toss to coat. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, whole wheat flour, milk powder, cinnamon and cloves. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats. Sprinkle over apples.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 15 servings.
1 each: 202 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Cran-Apple Crisp
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC