Cran-Apple Cookie Cobbler Recipe
For a nice change of pace from traditional cobbler, give this recipe a try. Folks enjoy the sugar cookie topping, and I love the convenience!—Renee Ryno, Spokane, Washington
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Ice cream, optional
- 1. Place apples in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine cranberry sauce, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; pour over apples. Cut cookie dough in half widthwise (refrigerate half of the dough for another use). Cut remaining dough into 1/4-in. slices.
- 2. Place over apple mixture. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until toppings is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 388 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cran-Apple Cookie Cobbler
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC