For a nice change of pace from traditional cobbler, give this recipe a try. Folks enjoy the sugar cookie topping, and I love the convenience!—Renee Ryno, Spokane, Washington
Recommended: 25 Best Fall Desserts
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Combine cranberry sauce, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon; pour over apples. Cut cookie dough in half widthwise (refrigerate half of the dough for another use). Cut remaining dough into 1/4-in. slices.
- Place over apple mixture. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until toppings is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Cookie Cobbler in Country Woman March/April 1999, p35
Reviews for Cran-Apple Cookie Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review