My cranberry-packed cobbler is the crowning glory of many of our late fall and winter meals. My family isn't big on pies, so this favorite is preferred at out Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations. The aroma of cinnamon and fruit is irresistible.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups sliced peeled apples
- 2-1/2 cups sliced peeled firm pears
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 tablespoons red-hot candies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; let stand
- for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to
- a full rolling boil, about 18 minutes. transfer cran-apple mixture
- to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; dot with butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in
- a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in