Cran-Apple Cobbler Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups sliced peeled apples
- 2-1/2 cups sliced peeled firm pears
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 tablespoons Red Hots
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large, oven safe skillet, combine the first eight ingredients; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil, about 18 minutes. Dot with butter.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- Drop topping by heaping tablespoons onto hot fruit. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cran-Apple Cobbler in Country Woman November/December 2002, p29
Reviews for Cran-Apple Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review