Cran-Apple Chutney Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped peeled apples
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add apples. Reduce heat; cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Do not freeze. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 59 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Cran-Apple Chutney
"Very yummy! A bit tart, but hey it's cranberries! If it wasn't suppose to be a just a topping for meats I would have eaten a bowl full! :) Can't wait till Christmas to have some with my turkey dinner! Yummmmmm! I wonder what it would be like on vanilla ice cream? hmmm, May have to try it out! :)"