The apples give my crimson chutney a pleasant crunch. I especially like this recipe because I can make it weeks ahead.
- 3-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chopped peeled apples
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the first nine ingredients. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add apples. Reduce heat; cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Do not freeze. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry Chutney in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p28
Reviews for Cran-Apple Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2011