My delicious quick bread is comforting in the afternoon with a cup of tea, served toasted in the morning for breakfast, or as a midnight snack. Morning, afternoon or evening, this is always a treat! —Mary West, Marstons Mills, MA
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil and extract. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Transfer to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 60-65 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Cran-Almond Loaf in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p71
Reviews for Cran-Almond Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review