- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, chopped
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Cinnamon whiskey, optional
- Heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a small saucepan, heat the first five ingredients over medium heat just until mixture comes to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Discard cinnamon stick; if desired, stir in cinnamon whiskey. Pour into mugs; top with whipped cream. Serve with cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crackling Hot Cocoa in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Crackling Hot Cocoa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review