Crackle Cookies Recipe
THIS cookie recipe comes close to the wonderful taste of chocolate that Mama was able to produce in her cakes and cookies. Because of the "crackles" in these cookies, my granddaughter tells me I've made a mistake when I bake them. "But they taste so good," she adds. -Ruth Cain, Hartselle, Alabama
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, beat sugar, oil, chocolate and vanilla until blended. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. With sugared hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 cookie equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC