- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, beat sugar, oil, chocolate and vanilla until blended. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. With sugared hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Crackle Cookies
Sort By :
"Great cookie, but this does not yield 18 cookies. I got 27 cookies when doubling the recipe."
"Question: Is the amount of flour correct? Thanks!"
"This was my first time that I tried crackle cookies. They looked very nice and were tasty. When I make these again I will try different variations to these cookies possibly cinnamon. We enjoyed these with vanilla ice cream!"
"I made these for a Local Fair this year, and I took 2nd place in "Rolled Cookies" I was HAPPY. I will make these again this year for a Christmas Cookie Exchange I am having."