Crackle Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, egg, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- With sugared hands, shape dough into 1-in. balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Crackle Cookies
Sort By :
"Great cookie, but this does not yield 18 cookies. I got 27 cookies when doubling the recipe."
"Question: Is the amount of flour correct? Thanks!"
"This was my first time that I tried crackle cookies. They looked very nice and were tasty. When I make these again I will try different variations to these cookies possibly cinnamon. We enjoyed these with vanilla ice cream!"
"I made these for a Local Fair this year, and I took 2nd place in "Rolled Cookies" I was HAPPY. I will make these again this year for a Christmas Cookie Exchange I am having."