- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups coarsely crushed saltines (about 27 crackers)
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Add the crackers and celery mixture; toss lightly.
- Place in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cracker Dressing in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p10
Reviews for Cracker Dressing(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2010
I made this recipe when I didn't have any stuffing mix on hand. This turned out very good. I didn't use all the herbs because we don't like too many herbs in things. I also added a little chicken boullion to the milk and omitted the salt.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >
- Stuffing Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >