Cracker-Coated Fried Perch Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- Vegetable oil
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine cracker crumbs, garlic salt, oregano, tarragon and pepper. Dip the perch in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry fish for several minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 397 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 212 mg cholesterol, 717 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Cracker-Coated Fried Perch
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.