Your favorite fisherman would be proud to find his catch fried with this golden coating, "I've gotten raves each time I've made this fish," says Dennis Dornfeldt of Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- Vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine cracker crumbs, garlic salt, oregano, tarragon and pepper. Dip the perch in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry fish for several minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cracker-coated Fried Perch in Taste of Home June/July 1997, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cracker-Coated Fried Perch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review