- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- Vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine cracker crumbs, garlic salt, oregano, tarragon and pepper. Dip the perch in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry fish for several minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cracker-Coated Fried Perch
Sort By :
I make my lake perch (and talapia) similar to yours except I first dip the perch in flour, then egg, then panko bread crumbs.
What kind of cracker is recommended?