- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lake perch fillets
- Vegetable oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine cracker crumbs, garlic salt, oregano, tarragon and pepper. Dip the perch in egg mixture, then coat with crumbs. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry fish for several minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cracker-Coated Fried Perch
"Made this recipe last night. It was great. I used Regular Ritz crackers. I used a deep fryer filled with Canola oil. Yum!"
"I make my lake perch (and talapia) similar to yours except I first dip the perch in flour, then egg, then panko bread crumbs."
"What kind of cracker is recommended?"