Cracked Pepper Cheddar Muffins Recipe
These warm, golden muffins make a great accompaniment to soup, stew or any other cold-weather entree. My family loves the cheese and pepper flavor. —Susan Kelm, Mineral Point, Wisconsin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and pepper. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- 2. Fill muffins cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cracked Pepper Cheddar Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC