Cracked Pepper Cheddar Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and pepper. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- Fill muffins cups coated with cooking spray two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cracked Pepper Cheddar Muffins(9)
Sort By :
Way too bland for my taste even though I used sharp cheddar that I shredded myself. Texture was great but the recipe is missing something to bring out the flavors.
Made these last night and they were all eaten up! Very quick and simple recipe- a nice accompiment to a meat and potatoes meal and were very fluffy and light. They take mere minutes to whip up and taste great warm from the oven. I made suggest doubling the amount of pepper but that is just my preference. Also, add some salt- maybe about 1/2 teaspoon. Also, I would not suggest baking them for the time suggested- I baked mine for only 15 minutes and they were fully cooked. Overall, a yummy and convient recipe. Will make again.
loved this recipe. Kids think it tastes great!
The kids love this recipe.
These were okay. I used mild cheddar, but I think they would be better with sharp, for more flavor. Tasty with cheesy potato soup, though.