Cracked Pepper Bread Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check the dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice: 141 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cracked Pepper Bread
"Very flavorful and good. Herbs were not overpowering."
"Thank you Joy and TOH for this recipe. See this bread pictured on my page. No kidding, the house did smell wonderful when it was baking. Love the flavor. It is subtle as not to overpower a nice sandwich. Absolutely will make again. Halving this recipe worked well for me. Followed manufacturers instructions when loading my bread machine. :)"
"Wow! So good, and light such a flavorful bread. YUM!!"