Crabmeat Spread Recipe
This versatile crab spread can be served warm or cold. Either way, it's delicious!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pound canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- Paprika and pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- Assorted crackers or Italian bread slices
- 1. In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, pickle relish and lemon juice until blended. Stir in the crab, onion and celery. Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with paprika and olives if desired. Serve with crackers.
- 2. Or spread on slices of bread. Place on a baking sheet; broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers or bread) equals 60 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC