This recipe is based on one I developed for a contest. I've changed it somewhat since, and it's become a favorite of my family and friends.
- 1 jar (5 ounces) Old English cheese spread
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely minced green onion (white portion)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, well-drained
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon green onion tops, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese spread, Miracle Whip, lemon juice, white part of onion and crabmeat. Remove crescent rolls from tube; do not unroll.
- Cut each section into 12 slices. Place slices on ungreased baking sheet. Divide crab mixture over 24 crescent roll slices. Sprinkle with green onion tops and paprika.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned on bottom. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crabmeat-Cheese Appetizers in Country Extra November 1990, p49
Reviews for Crabmeat-Cheese Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2009
"I made this for a wine party with my girlfriends and everyone thought they were absolutely great!!!!"