Crabmeat Appetizer Cheesecake Recipe
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup each chopped sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 packages (three 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan; set aside. In a skillet, saute peppers and onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the cream, crab, Swiss cheese, pepper mixture and salt. Pour over crust.
- 3. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 16-18 servings.
1 piece: 381 calories, 35g fat (21g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Crabmeat Appetizer Cheesecake
"Fantastic if you like the taste of crab you will love this. Served it with toasted baguette slices and crackers a big hit. thanks"
"followed the directions to a "T" but it still came out really runny - the flavor was delicious but the consistancy was off"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.