I found a lobster cheesecake recipe and decided to come up with my own version using crabmeat instead. It tastes great!
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup each chopped sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 packages (three 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan; set aside. In a skillet, saute peppers and onion in butter until tender; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the cream, crab, Swiss cheese, pepper mixture and salt. Pour over crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 16-18 servings.
Originally published as Crabmeat Appetizer Cheesecake in Country December/January 2004, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crabmeat Appetizer Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review