We have potatoes and crab festivals near our home. I combined the two ingredients into a recipe that gives potatoes a surprise taste.
6 ServingsPrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 30 min.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Cut
- potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and place in a bowl;
- set shells aside. Add butter to pulp and mash. Beat in milk,
- mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in crab. Spoon into
- potato shells. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30
- minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.