WHENEVER I serve these eggs, my guests are puzzled by the unique taste...it's not the traditional taste of deviled eggs. The surprise ingredient is crab, which makes for a delightful change. -Reginald Davis, Orlando, Florida
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and set the whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Add crab, mayonnaise, relish, mustard, seafood seasoning and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Crabby Deviled Eggs in Reminisce July/August 1999, p45
Reviews for Crabby Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2011
"I made these for Thanksgiving everyone enjoyed, will make them again."