Because I have a preschooler and new baby at home, sandwiches are a lunchtime staple. When my husband and I get tired of the peanut butter and jelly our daughter favors, we make this "grown-up" fare shared by a dear lady at church. The onion flavor from the bagels complements the crabmeat nicely.
-Connie Faulkner, Moxee, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 onion bagels, split
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Toast bagels; spread
- with cream cheese. On the bottom of each bagel, place a lettuce leaf
- and 1/4 cup of crab mixture. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 395 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 842 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.