Crab Wontons Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 3 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 60 to 70 wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in crab. Place 1 teaspoon crab mixture off-center on each wonton wrapper. Fold the point of the wrapper nearest the filling over the top of filling and gently tuck under filling. Gently roll toward center to within 1 in. from the opposite point. Moisten the right point; fold over the left point, pressing ends together to seal. Moisten the overlapping points.
- 2. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wontons in batches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with sweet-and-sour sauce. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Crab Wontons
" Yes, you can bake these. I have a similar recipe. however, in my recipe you buy the small wonton wrappers and tuck them into a mini muffin pan and bake. "
"Can you bake appetizers made with wonton skins instead of frying? Just too messy to fry and why add the fat if you don't have to?"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer