Fresh crab is plentiful in Penobscot, Maine, where Emily Chaney pops a pound of it into this chunky soup. Chock-full of veggies and flavor, it makes luscious cold-weather fare.
Recommended: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups water
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/4 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil for 1 minute. Add celery; saute until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, water, carrots, potatoes, corn, bouillon, seafood seasoning and lemon-pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in crab and peas; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Crab Soup in Light & Tasty February/March 2006, p55
Reviews forCrab Vegetable Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 6, 2009
"Really good! Might be too spicy for the kiddos, but was perfect for the grownups."