When camping, my wife and I top large beefsteak tomatoes with spicy chunks of crab. Then we warm this summer treat over the fire. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New Jersey
Recommended: 30 Fresh Tomato Recipes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 8 slices tomato (1/2 inch thick)
- Minced chives
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; gently stir in crab.
- Place tomato slices on a foil-lined baking sheet; top with crab mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crab-Topped Tomato Slices in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab-Topped Tomato Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review