Crab-Topped Tilapia Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon marinade for chicken
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1. Sprinkle tilapia with pepper and salt. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the celery, onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons butter until tender. Stir in flour and thyme until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the lemon juice, marinade for chicken and hot pepper sauce.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise until blended. Stir in crab and 3 tablespoons bread crumbs. Spoon onto fillets. Toss remaining bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over crab mixture.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 18 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 248 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.