Crab-Topped Tilapia Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 teaspoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon marinade for chicken
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- Sprinkle tilapia with pepper and salt. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the celery, onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons butter until tender. Stir in flour and thyme until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the lemon juice, marinade for chicken and hot pepper sauce.
- Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise until blended. Stir in crab and 3 tablespoons bread crumbs. Spoon onto fillets. Toss remaining bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over crab mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 18 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab-Topped Tilapia(2)
Sort By :
This has become one of our favorite dishes. It is light & delicious!
This was a delicious way to dress up simple tilapia - tastes just like a crab-topped fish that is served at one of our popular local restaurants! This recipe will definitely be added to my family's favorites!
More Recipe Collections
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >