- 4 sole or cod fillets or fish fillet of your choice (6 ounces each)
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Paprika, optional
- Place fillets in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the crab, cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Drain cooking juices from baking dish; spoon crab mixture over fillets. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned. Sprinkle with almonds and paprika if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab-Topped Fish Fillets
"I didn't use nuts, because I couldn't be bothered. I picked the recipe, then read the reviews on here, and I was expecting it to be better than it was. I think in the future I'll use approximately half the mayonnaise. It was just Ok, not WOW! but so quick and easy I'm likely to make it again. I had it ready to go before the oven was done preheating. I just wish it was the kind of recipe that would be good cold, or good for work the next day."
"easy and very good!! I don't like fish very much but this is one recipe I will make again!"
"I've made this a couple of times for myself (as I'm a widow & live alone) & it is delicious! I use cod filets & shredded mild cheddar/jack cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese & do not use nuts, as I don't care for any kind of nuts w/seafood."