Richly flavored crab dresses up mild and flaky cod in this incredibly low-fat dish. In summer, try individually wrapping the fillets in foil and grilling them over indirect heat.Cheryl Woodson, Liberty, Missouri
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 cod fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Snipped fresh dill
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Sprinkle cod with
- salt and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top fillets
- with crab mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cod flakes
- easily with a fork. Garnish with fresh dill. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 198 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 4 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.