Crab Toast Recipe
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) French bread
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped, divided
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend, divided
- 1. Cut bread in half horizontally; hollow out top and bottom, leaving 1-in. shells. Crumble removed bread; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add half of the tomatoes. Add the jalapeno, garlic and cilantro; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the crab, ricotta and sour cream. Stir in the tomato mixture, reserved bread crumbs and 1 cup cheese blend. Spoon into bread shells.
- 4. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Top with remaining cheese blend and tomatoes. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 571 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1290mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Crab Toast
"I have not made this recipe yet but am going to shortly. It is a contest winner so your review is a little surprising, but it does appear to be missing salt or basic seasoning. I will try adding some Old Bay seasoning too. Let ya know how it turns out."
"I was a little disappointed with this recipe. I thought there was not much taste to the sandwich. Something is missing and I am not quite sure what. I think I will have to try adding other spices or something. Any ideas?"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.