Crab Thermidor Recipe
The taste of this dish is as impressive as its name. Imitation crabmeat keeps it affordable, but it's fabulous with the real thing, especially for special occasions.—Mary Rose Fedorka, Jamestown, New York
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- Additional paprika, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, paprika and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in process cheese and lemon juice until cheese is melted. Remove from heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Stir in crab.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 368 calories, 25g fat (17g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 846mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Crab Thermidor
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
"made this and enjoyed it with linguini"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC