- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- Additional paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, paprika and nutmeg until smooth. Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in process cheese and lemon juice until cheese is melted. Remove from heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Stir in crab.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with additional paprika if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Crab Thermidor in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p109
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab Thermidor
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
"made this and enjoyed it with linguini"