Every time I serve these tiny tasty tarts, I'm asked for the recipe. Holiday guests of all ages gobble them up! I've found that finely chopped leftover ham makes a handy substitute for the crab.
Recommended: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 3 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle Swiss cheese into each shell. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon a teaspoonful of crab mixture into each tart shell. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until pastry is browned. Serve warm. Yield: 45 tartlets.
Originally published as Crab Tartlets in Country Woman Christmas 2004 , p38
Reviews for Crab Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review