Crab-Stuffed Tilapia Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in 1/4 cup butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, egg, pimientos and seafood seasoning. Spread 1/3 cup crab mixture over fillets. Roll up each from the pointed end; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Place seam side down in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over fish. Sprinkle with salt and paprika.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard toothpicks. Spoon pan juices over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed tilapia equals 608 calories, 47 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 248 mg cholesterol, 894 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.