Crab-Stuffed Sole Recipe
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup cooked or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 4 sole, flounder or pike fillets (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced almonds
- 1. In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, crab, onion, egg, salt and cayenne. Spoon onto fillets; roll up and secure with a toothpick. Place in a greased 2-qt. broiler-proof dish; drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350°for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, for sauce, place remaining butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Drain liquid from baking dish. Spoon sauce over fillets; sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Broil 5 in. from the heat until cheese is melted and almonds are lightly browned. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 318 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.