Crab-Stuffed Snow Peas
"These crunchy appetizers have a wonderful crabmeat flavor and make an attractive addition to your nibble tray. Plus, they're simple to prepare. —Agnes Ward, Stratford,Ontario
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or seafood cocktail sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 16 fresh snow peas
- In small bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, chili sauce, salt,
- pepper sauce and pepper.
- Place snow peas in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 30 seconds for
- until softened. Drain and immediately place snow peas in ice water.
- Drain and pat dry.
- With a sharp knife, split pea pods along the curved edges. Spoon 1
- tablespoon of crab mixture into each. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 25 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as