Crab-Stuffed Snow Peas Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or seafood cocktail sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 16 fresh snow peas
- 1. In small bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, chili sauce, salt, pepper sauce and pepper.
- 2. Place snow peas in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 30 seconds for until softened. Drain and immediately place snow peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. With a sharp knife, split pea pods along the curved edges. Spoon 1 tablespoon of crab mixture into each. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 appetizers.
1 each: 25 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Snow Peas
"Since we don't like spicy foods, I omit the pepper and pepper sauce. Delicious!! I'm so glad to have another way to serve crab, and the pea "boats" sneak in a veggie!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer