- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce or seafood cocktail sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 16 fresh snow peas
- In small bowl, combine the crab, mayonnaise, chili sauce, salt, pepper sauce and pepper.
- Place snow peas in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 30 seconds for until softened. Drain and immediately place snow peas in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- With a sharp knife, split pea pods along the curved edges. Spoon 1 tablespoon of crab mixture into each. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 16 appetizers.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Snow Peas
Sort By :
Since we don't like spicy foods, I omit the pepper and pepper sauce. Delicious!! I'm so glad to have another way to serve crab, and the pea "boats" sneak in a veggie!