Crab-Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions or chives
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, cut up
- 1. Bake potatoes at 425° for 45-55 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, halve potatoes lengthwise. Carefully scoop out pulp into a bowl, leaving a thin shell. Set shells aside. Beat or mash potato pulp with butter, cream, salt and pepper until smooth. Using a fork, stir in onions or chives and cheese. Gently mix in crab. Stuff shells. Sprinkle with paprika. Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 218 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 525mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Potatoes
"Wonderfully easy and delicious!! We made our into mashed potatoes instead of baked."
"These are absolutedly scrumpious."
"I make these frequently. They are terrific and get great reviews."