Crab-Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
- 2 portobello mushrooms (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 5 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 roasted sweet red pepper halves, drained
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Place caps on a greased baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic; brush over mushrooms. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine crab and mayonnaise. Place a red pepper half on each mushroom; top with crab mixture. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Portobellos(14)
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious. I also made them on the grill using the same technique. Fabulous!
This is a wonderful recipe when you want to impress some guests. Easy to make and delicious!
Easy, Delicious! I added Parmesan cheese to the crab/mayo mix and used Mozzarella on top since I didn't have Provolone. It was great! I will be anxious to taste it with Provolone, too!
I will definitely make these again. I cooked these exactly as the recipe said and they are delish. And no you do not have to cut out the gills, the cheese on top holds it all in. And the garlic olive oil did not burn on the shrooms. But I cooked mine on low broil.
Alrighty ... superb. High tens all around from my family. (I tripled the recipe.)
Because I wasn't sure about the garlic oil, I brushed it on the insides and rims of the mushrooms, and sprayed the caps with a little olive oil spray.
Another thing the recipe could more specific about is to say "remove stems and GILLS." If you don't remove the gills, there is no room for the filling.
But ... they were delicious. One daughter said it was the best meal I've cooked so far this year (back-handed compliment, right?). They want me to make these again next week ....
Thanks to Pat Ford for this recipe for a new family favorite. :-)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >