Fans of portobello mushrooms will make these delectable treats again and again. Pat Ford from Southampton, Pennsylvania fills them with a tasty blend of crabmeat, cheese and sweet red pepper.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 5 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 roasted sweet red pepper halves, drained
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Place caps on a greased baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic; brush over mushrooms. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine crab and mayonnaise. Place a red pepper half on each mushroom; top with crab mixture. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese; broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Portobellos in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Crab-Stuffed Portobellos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review