Fans of portobello mushrooms will make these delectable treats again and again. Pat Ford from Southampton, Pennsylvania fills them with a tasty blend of crabmeat, cheese and sweet red pepper.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 portobello mushrooms (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 5 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 roasted sweet red pepper halves, drained
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Place caps on a greased
- baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic; brush over mushrooms. Broil
- 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine crab and mayonnaise. Place a red pepper half
- on each mushroom; top with crab mixture. Broil for 2-3 minutes or
- until heated through. Top with cheese; broil 1-2 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 412 calories, 31 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 613 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.